Hours and Prices
Drake Well Museum and Park
Hours of Operation:
November 1–March 31
- Friday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Closed Monday through Thursday
April 1–October 31
- Wednesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Closed Mondays and Tuesdays
*The Museum Store is closed from late December through March 31.*
- Adults (12–64) $10.00
- Seniors (65+ years) $8.00
- Youth (3–11 years) $5.00
- Ages 2 years & under Free
*Discounts available to groups of 10 or more.
Guided Tours — To arrange a guided tour, please contact us for special guided tour pricing.
Promotions and Special Offers:
- Active Duty Military — We offer complimentary museum admission year-round to active members of the military and their families as part of the Blue Star Museums Program. Must show valid military ID when purchasing.
- AAA Members — $2 off general admission ticket for AAA members. Must show valid AAA card when purchasing admission.
- Museums for All — Explore Drake Well Museum and Park for a fee of $2 per person with the presentation of an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card and identification.
Please Note: These discounts may not be used in conjunction with one another, with other museum discounts, or for group discounts. They apply to general admission only and exclude special programs and events.
Historic Pithole City
Pithole City is known in the Pennsylvania oil region as the oil boomtown that vanished as quickly as it appeared. The visitor center at Pithole is open Saturdays and Sundays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., from June through August. The grounds are open dawn to dusk year-round.
McClintock Well #1
McClintock Well #1 is the world's oldest continuously producing oil well. It was one of the hundreds of wells drilled along Oil Creek during the frenzy that followed the success of the Drake Well. The trailhead for the Erie to Pittsburgh Trail and interpretive area are open dawn to dusk year-round.